Why You Need RV Insurance
RVs are one of the best ways to relax and travel to places, but make sure you have RV insurance so you’re always on the safe side of things.
Here in London Insurance, we don’t only offer insurance for wheeled RV, we also look for the best agents from top insurance companies for your motorcycle, ATV, boat, and personal watercraft such as jet skis.
What is a recreational vehicle?
RVs are not only limited to camper vehicles. The category includes motorcycles, ATVs, boats, and other personal watercraft.
Wheeled and Camper RVs
RVs are split up into three different classes – there’s class A, B, and C. Class A are the modern RVs that are equipped with six wheels and are the most comfortable for camping. Basic models for class A RVs start at $70,000 and can reach up to $1 million.
Class B RVs on the other hand, often start as vans and then are converted into a motorhome by raising the roof height, installing new hardware, and other necessary renovation. Class C RVs are more of a truck than a van. It has an overhanging section that goes beyond the roof of the front cab that’s often the bunk overhead.
RVs provide epic weekend getaways and awesome family camping trips. However, it’s difficult to fully enjoy your time if you keep worrying about the possible unforeseen situations along the way. It can be even more stressful if you’re not fully covered. Your insurance rate depends on the make and model of your RV and other factors.
You need to have appropriate coverage to keep you and your family protected in case of injuries or accidents. Your RV and auto policy is similar except that RV has additional coverages that could include the following:
- vacation liability
- personal effects
- emergency vacation expenses
- pet coverage
- custom equipment
- personal effects
- roadside assistance
- diminishing deductible
Kinds of coverage for RV insurance
- Liability coverage – this type includes bodily injury and property damage liability coverage which is required in most states. This means that when you’ve caused an accident or caused harm, your policy can pay for the damages and possible lawsuits.
- Medical payments coverage – your coverage will pay for any medical expenses incurred due to vehicle injuries regardless of who’s at fault.
- Collision coverage – This coverage pays for the damage to your vehicle if it hits another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage – the policy will pay for any damage that isn’t caused by the collision. This is helpful in the case of theft, natural disasters, and vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – this is a safety net coverage in the case that the accident is caused by someone with no insurance or underinsured. This is to ensure that medical costs and pay for the damages are accounted for.
Get RV insurance [KR1] so you can enjoy your trips worry-free. As an independent insurance agency in London, Kentucky, we have a connection with the top-rated insurance companies in the state that offer competitive rates.
Contact us now and have your questions answered. You can also request a quote. We service throughout the state of Kentucky and our dedicated experts work together to address all your concerns.