What Kind of Insurance Does Your Restaurant Need? 

Protect your restaurant with the right insurance coverage. Here are three kinds of insurance coverage to consider for your restaurant business. 


Insurance may not be a great happy-hour subject to talk about but it is a necessary topic that you need to put some thought into. Insurance isn’t only to protect yourself, your home, or your vehicles. It can also protect your businesses and other assets. For business owners like you, it’s critical to put a safety net to ensure that whatever happens, you and your business will be protected against accidents and other unexpected issues. 


All kinds of insurance policies aim to protect their policyholder but they are not all the same. You need to purchase the one that best minimizes risks and protects your restaurant from financial loss. So, which policy is the best one for your business? Here’s a list of restaurant insurance options to consider. 

3 Types of Restaurant Insurance

A quick online search will give you lots of options but the search results may be overwhelming for you. Don’t fret. We compiled the most important ones for your consideration.

General Liability Insurance

This coverage protects you against lawsuits caused by incidents such as bodily injuries or property damages. Without this coverage, you may need to pay for damages with your personal money. Other things covered by general liability are: 


  • Medical costs if customer/s are hurt while inside your establishment
  • Damages on rented properties caused by fire or explosion
  • Reputational damage caused by malicious word of mouth, slander, wrongful eviction, and violation of privacy 
  • Legal fees for defending your business against lawsuits and claims
  • Settlements for customers or clients’ lawsuits

Workers Compensation Insurance

Simply put, this coverage is for your employees. If your employee is injured while at work, the insurance will pay for medical and rehabilitation costs. This also pays for the employee’s salary if he/she needs some recovery time or death benefits. 

Commercial Property Insurance

This is most important for restaurant owners who only rent a space for their business. This coverage protects the building, tools, inventory, furniture, and more. You don’t need to finance the building repairs and replacements in case of damages from fire and explosions. On top of that, it also helps you in case of business interruption or loss of income. 


Are you planning to get restaurant insurance for your business? The London Insurance Agency is here to help. We have professional insurance agents who are here for you. They can walk you through the process and answer any of your queries. We offer property insurance, crime/employee dishonesty, general liability, liquor liability, and employee benefits liability.


Paying an insurance premium is well worth the long-term protection it provides. We’ll help you find the coverage that best meets the specific needs of your business.


 Give us a call today and let us help you find the right coverage.