https://londoninsuranceagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20171026110043.jpg 330 880 Ricky Docto https://londoninsuranceagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Logo.png Ricky Docto2018-07-24 15:08:302018-07-24 15:08:30Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween Safety Tips
Some Halloween safety tips to remember with the holiday coming soon:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from billowing or long trailing fabric. If you are making your own costume, choose material that won’t easily ignite if it comes into contact with heat or flame. If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so they can see out.
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costume.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper are highly flammable. Keep these and other decorations well away from all open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- It is safest to use a flashlight or battery-operated candles in a jack-o-lantern. If you use a real candle, use extreme caution. Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit. When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways and yards.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes.
- Use flashlights as alternatives to candles or torch lights when decorating walkways and yards. They are much safer for trick-or-treaters, whose costumes may brush against the lighting.
Call us at London Insurance Agency & Insurance Service Center with any of your insurance questions. We look forward to the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss what coverage options meet you and your family’s needs.