With the 4th of July right around the corner, you need to be aware of some of the dangers associated. Is your home insurance policy prepared in the event of a fire or an accident to a neighbor at your house? Here are some safety tips to remember on the 4th.
- Keep fireworks out of hands of the smaller children. They are not as experienced and need adult supervision.
- Keep a bucket of water and fire extinguisher on hand for emergencies. A small fire or spark could result in real damage to your home.
- Protective gear. It’s not a bad idea to have protective eye gear on hand especially if it is windy out.
- Don’t try re-lighting duds and only light one firework at a time.
- Keep family and friends at a safe distance & watch for sparkles they may fly elsewhere including other yards and roofs.
Staying same during the holiday’s is always important and making sure you have the right home insurance coverage can give you piece of mind when celebrating. Contact London Insurance Agency in London or the Insurance Service Center in Corbin if you have any questions about your home insurance policy and the coverage within.